Increase text size Regular text size Decrease text size

  • Signs


    Sign permits are required for all signage and must be approved by the Zoning Office prior to issuance (click here for application). For permits, a sign detail showing size, height, building or site location (a photo of building face or survey of property), and proposed lettering should be submitted for approval. In some instances, a detailed Engineers stamped drawing may be required (for example: billboards which would require footing and pole details showing wind loads attributed to the height and width of the sign).

    Who can obtain a permit?

    Any contractor registered with the City of Syracuse or the owner of the property. For registering with the City of Syracuse, a contractor is required to fill out a registration form and submit Certificates of Liability and Workmen's Compensation with the City of Syracuse listed as Additional Insured.

    For more information contact the Office of Zoning Administration  at (315) 448-8640 or 
    or the Permit Desk  at (315) 448-8600 or .


  Sitemap | Contacts | Feedback |

© 2009 City of Syracuse
| Disclaimer | Privacy
City Hall: 233 East Washington Street
Syracuse, NY 13202
(315) 448-8005